Reading Endorsement (P-12)
SPU's Add-on Reading Endorsement provides the opportunity for educators to explore and apply current research on effective reading strategies and boost student literacy in the classroom. Many educators who obtain this endorsements go on to work as literacy coaches or reading specialists.
Program of Study: click on any course to see detailed information and registration instructions.
- EDRD 5641 Foundations of Reading Instruction (3) | Online (Spring Quarter)
- EDRD 5735 Reading Fundamentals #1: An Introduction to Scientifically Based Research (3) | Distance Learning
- EDSE 5653 Teaching Reading to Exceptional Students (3) | Summer Intensive, SPU Campus
- ONE Multicultural Course:
- ONE Writing Course:
- EDWR 5548 Using Nonfiction to Motivate Reading & Writing, K-12 (5) Distance Learning
- EDRD 6533 Writing: Process to Product (K-12) (5) Offered through SPU's MEd Literacy Program
- ONE Assessment Course:
- EDCN 5730: Field Experience CLICK TO REVIEW REQUIREMENTS
- State Testing Requirement: NES #104
To request an application for this program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.