In this workshop, students will develop a range of skills while rendering two portrait paintings: one enface (strait forward view) and one profile view from life models. They will learn how to capture personality and character of the sitter, balance proportions, colors and values. Also, history of portraiture will be discussed using images of old and contemporary masters of this genre.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Learned the principals of proportions
- Learned how to use color and values in order to develop the skills to create successful portrait painting
- Learned how to see and understand relationship between objects and their environment.
- Developed an appreciation towards original art, museums and galleries as a source of learning.
- Learned skills they can apply in their future work and to inform them on use of art supplies.