Course DescriptionIn this workshop, students will develop a range of skills while rendering two sets of still life paintings. They will learn how to balance forms, colors and values with emphasis on composition and provide them with the skills to create successful paintings. Works in process will be discussed at the beginning of each class. Session also includes viewing and critique of the museum's collection, relevant to the topic of composition.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Learned the principals of composition, color, value
- Developed a sensitive eye
- Learned how to see and understand relationship between objects and its environment
- Developed an appreciation towards original art, museums, and galleries as a source of learning
- Gained skills that can be applied in future work
- Gained information about the use of art supplies