Course DescriptionParticipants in this course will learn how to build academic success for at-risk students by developing student resilience, designing active learning experiences, motivating
underachievers, and fostering social emotional skills. Participants will explore strategies for reaching students of poverty and students with ADHD, and learn how to work
effectively with at-risk students and their parents.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
1. Develop resilience skills that build academic success in at-risk students.
2. Integrate active learning experiences that engage at-risk students.
3. Design activities that develop social emotional skills and motivate underachievers.
4. Develop an action plan for reaching students in poverty.
5. Develop an action plan for reaching difficult students and parents.
- Computer with word processing software
- Internet access connection
- Online video viewing capabilities/Adobe flash player
- Software capable of reading PDF files
- Software capable of viewing PowerPoint presentations