Course DescriptionThis course is designed for 6-12 educators who are interested in enhancing their repertoire of technology to create dynamic algebraic lessons. Participants will explore useful techniques to create more effective technology lessons, software packages, web resources, graphing calculators, and instructional materials used to integrate technology into algebra instruction.
Learner OutcomesBy the conclusion of the course, each teacher will:
- Demonstrate familiarity with ISTE National Educational Technology Standards.
- Explore techniques for motivating students with technology.
- Explore technology with the concepts of Order of Operations, Real Numbers, and the Coordinate Plane.
- Investigate Ratio and Proportions and technology to effectively enhance instruction.
- Computer with word processing software
- Internet access connection
- Online video viewing capabilities/Adobe flash player
- Software capable of reading PDF files
NOTE: Additional software will be used, but will either be free and open-source or trial versions, and will be based on the individual needs of each teacher’s needs. The instructor will work closely with each teacher to assist in determining the appropriate software.