Course DescriptionEducators will learn how to use a Chromebook, Google Apps, and various other applications for delivering any course content to their students. Educators will become
skilled on how Chromebooks can promote their content area, differentiate instruction, provide multiple representations, and motivate their own professional development.
Educators will gain understanding of Internet resources, Google Chromebook applications, Google Play, Google Classroom, the flipped classroom, videos, and more to
maximize the learning environment.
Learner OutcomesBy the conclusion of the course, each participant should be able to do the following:
- Utilize the basic tools of Chromebooks to enhance delivery and improve student learning
- Examine and utilize Google Drive and Google Docs to enhance delivery and improve student learning
- Examine and utilize working in cloud applications such as Google Docs, Microsoft Word Web App, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel Web Apps
- Examine and utilize working in cloud applications such as Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint Web App, online photo editors, and Google Calendar.
- Examine and utilize the Google Play/App Store and the Google Educational App Store to enhance classroom opportunities and improve student learning
- Examine and utilize Apps that enhance classroom management to improve student learning
- Examine and utilize Chromebooks and Apps related to the educator’s content area and create, demonstrate, and evaluate lessons plans using a Chromebook
- as an assessment tool in the classroom to enhance student learning
- Examine and evaluate models of the Google Classroom Web App to enhance delivery and promote student learning
- Computer with word processing software
- Internet access connection
- Any Chromebook
PrerequisitesThis course is recommended for K-12 school personnel who require a greater understanding of Chromebooks and their impact on teaching and learning across
curriculums. Participants must hold a baccalaureate degree.