Create books, which incorporate and integrate content and form to impact and enhance the meaning of a text. By the end of the workshop, everyone will have created and produced a small library of book structures. They will be familiar with the vocabulary of the book, able to choose appropriate materials for their projects (whether their own, as a teaching tool in a classroom, or as a collaborative effort), and use the necessary tools and skills particular to book making. No experience required.
This course can be taken either for credit or clock hours. Credit is available under ART 5897.
- Olfa or other retractable blade
- bone folder
- metal ruler (no longer than 18")
- self-healing mat (no larger than 11" x 17")
- glue stick(s)
- 3" paint roller (the kind for painting small areas)
- shallow, covered plastic container that fits the 3" roller
Note: wear clothing that can get dirty or get glue on it, or bring an apron instructor to provide all other materials and supplies.