Course DescriptionStudent engagement is a key to learning and success. In this course you will learn easy-to-implement active participation techniques that will increase student engagement and trust in your classroom while giving you a clearer picture of each student’s individual learning. Through the activities and reflections in this course you will leave feeling ready to engage your students in active and meaningful learning.
This class will guide teachers to:
- Asses areas where you can apply several total participation techniques (TPTs) that address common core content and skills required at your grade level.
- Reflect on current teaching style and implementation of several total participation techniques discussed throughout the text.
- Incorporate Bloom's Taxonomy into instruction, discussion, review, and assessment of student learning.
- Design lessons with TPTs that accommodate all learning styles and increase learning and understanding of content.
- Develop rules for yourself and students that will foster a classroom community of trust, sharing, and self-confidence.
- Use research-based evidence to make educational decisions that will strengthen abilities to better reach and engage all students.
- Design physical layout of a classroom that is conducive to total participation techniques.