This course will evaluate the effectiveness of lecture for meaningful learning. Through the course text, No More Telling as Teaching: Less Lecture, More Engaged Learning by Tovani and Moje, additional readings, and assignments teachers will develop an understanding of the importance of engaging students in their learning and the strategies to do so effectively. The practical and high-impact strategies and concepts introduced in this course will bring excitement and joy back into the classroom for both teachers and students. Grades 6-12.
- Understand that a lecture-only approach doesn’t ensure learning
- Understand that people learn best through multiple modes
- Evaluate methods for student engagement: behavioral, emotional,and cognitive engagement
- Create an action plan for student engagement
- Analyze a model for student engagement