Course DescriptionIn this course, you will explore how perpetuating the "model minority” myth further fosters systemic racism and promotes inter-racism and ultimately perpetuates white dominance. Learn how this often-overlooked perspective can impact our abilities to deepen our understanding in becoming anti-racists leader.
By the end of the course participants will have explored the:
- Definition of the Asian Model Minority Myth.
- Historical context of the term Asian Model Minority Myth.
- 5 key Critical Race Theory (CRT) tenets and explore how they impact Asian Americans.
- 5 CRT tenets and learn to recognize historical and present-day examples.
- Actionable steps toward having conversations around race with the RIR protocol: RecognizeIt, Interrupt It, and Repair It.