Course DescriptionThe Heart of Teaching is a focused examination of the key ingredients of teaching. It is designed for educational practitioners in classroom and administrative positions and is premised on the belief that only those who have a thorough knowledge of great teaching should be allowed to teach our children. The primary objective of this course is to encourage and assist students in a personal examination of their character, personality, and behavior as compared to the themes common to the best teachers. Research shows clearly what our best teachers are and do. The Heart Of Teaching will not only examine these, it will allow the student to experience a strength inventory. This inventory will provide valuable personal insight into his/her strengths as compared to the best in the field.
By the conclusion of the course, each participant will:
- Be able to identify the major themes of people that are seminal components of quality teaching.
- Have developed an “eye” for identifying quality teaching by descriptions of themes of teachers.
- Have learned the connection between personal character and teacher quality and how this translates into the idea that we teach “who” we are.
- Have experienced the interaction of community in learning about quality teaching and quality Schools
- Have learned love as a teaching tool and demonstrate its utility in the learning process.