This course incorporates the arts in your classroom, opening new possibilities to expand the mind, create a thirst for knowledge, help students become more open to the world around them and offer another way of thinking about, being in and constructing our world. Classroom teachers face the challenge of teaching the arts without the background or support they need. This course explores every aspect of implementing and integrating the arts into both the curriculum and everyday life. It contains a wealth of classroom activities that help kids give form to their thoughts and feelings. Educators will learn how to integrate the major art forms into their curriculum: music, visual arts, drama, dance, and media.
Effective teaching strategies will inspire creative and technical skills in the following areas:
- Explore a model for strengthening instructional strategies for art and music.
- Understand which elements of instruction are best suited to teaching art and music and utilize the specific suggestions and techniques for implementing these elements.
- Receive time-tested strategies and ideas to improve teaching and learning in art and music classrooms.
- Examine teaching methods for increasing student engagement in art and music programs.
- Confront the unique challenges found in art and music education and feel inspired to collaborate with other teachers to continuously improve fine or creative arts programs.
A link to the Armchair Ed course assignments and exams will be included in the registration confirmation and receipt email that will be automatically sent to students immediately upon completion of the registration process. Any required textbooks must be purchased separately.
The link can also be accessed after enrollment by logging into the Student Portal and clicking the link listed under View Online Resources.