ELL & Bilingual Education Endorsements
This endorsement program equips candidates with the knowledge and skills to appreciate and effectively teach diverse learners. When courses are open for registration, they will be linked in the list below. To request an application, email email@example.com.
Candidates may also participate in the Summer 2020 TESOL + ELL Endorsement Intensive. Participants in this program will earn 12 credits toward the ELL Endorsement as well as TESOL Certification. The program is held on-campus at SPU, July 20th- August 14th. Click here for more program information!
- ELT 5530 Foundations of ELT: Theory and Application (3) registration open: self-paced course
- ELT 5532 Grammar in English Language Teaching (3) registration open: self-paced course
- ELT 5545 Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching ELL (3) registration open: self-paced course
- ELT 5542 Assessment of English Language Students (3) registration open: self-paced course
- EDCT 5691 Culturally Responsive Teaching (3) registration open: self-paced course
- One of the following courses:
- ELT 5550 English Language Learners Methods and Materials (substituting for ELT 5537 for Fall 2019) OR registration open: self-paced course
- ELT 5538 Young Learners and English Language Teaching for Elementary Teachers, Grades K–5 (3)
- Testing: WEST-E ELL or WEST-E Bilingual
- Practicum: EDCN 5730 Field Experience (5): Review the Field Experience overview here.
*For the Bilingual Education Endorsement: ELT 5547 Foundations of Bilingual Education (3) is also required as well as a demonstrated proficiency in a targeted foreign language by passing the oral and written ACTFL proficiency exams.