ELL & Bilingual Education Endorsements
This endorsement program equips candidates with the knowledge and skills to appreciate and effectively teach diverse learners. When courses are open for registration, they will be linked in the list below. To request an application, email email@example.com.
We are currently accepting applications for our Summer 2019 TESOL + ELL Endorsement Intensive. Participants in this program will earn 12 credits toward the ELL Endorsement as well as TESOL Certification. The program is held on-campus at SPU, July 15th-August 9th. Click here for more program information!
- ELT 5530 Foundations of ELT: Theory and Application (3) self-paced
- ELT 5532 Grammar in English Language Teaching (3) next offering Fall 2019
- ELT 5545 Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching ELL (3) self-paced
- ELT 5542 Assessment of English Language Students (3) self-paced, opening Winter 2020
- EDCT 5691 Culturally Responsive Teaching (3) self-paced
- One of the following courses:
- ELT 5537 Content-Based English Language Teaching for secondary teachers, grades 6–12 (3) next offering Fall 2019 OR
- ELT 5538 Young Learners and English Language Teaching for Elementary Teachers, Grades K–5 (3) next offering Fall 2019
- Testing: WEST-E ELL or WEST-E Bilingual
- Practicum: EDCN 5730 Field Experience (5): Review the Field Experience overview here.
*For the Bilingual Education Endorsement: ELT 5547 Foundations of Bilingual Education (3) is also required as well as a demonstrated proficiency in a targeted foreign language by passing the oral and written ACTFL proficiency exams.