ELL & Bilingual Education Endorsements
This endorsement program equips candidates with the knowledge and skills to appreciate and effectively teach diverse learners. When courses are open for registration, they will be linked below. To request an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ELT 5530 Foundations of ELT: Theory and Application (3)
- ELT 5532 Grammar in English Language Teaching (3)
- ELT 5537 Supporting Multilingual Learners in the Mainstream Classroom (3)
- ELT 5542 Assessment of English Language Students (3)
- EDCT 5608 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Education (3) Spring online course (offered annually)
- ELT 5552 ELL Methods: Principles & Practice (3)
- Testing: WEST-E ELL or WEST-E Bilingual
- Practicum: EDCN 5730 Field Experience (5):
*For the Bilingual Education Endorsement: ELT 5547 Foundations of Bilingual Education (3) is also required as well as a demonstrated proficiency in a targeted foreign language by passing the oral and written ACTFL proficiency exams.
Students admitted prior to 7/1/23: ELT 5545 will be accepted in lieu of ELT 5537