Health Fitness Endorsement
The SPU Health Fitness Endorsement offers cutting-edge training to educators as they help their students meet Washington Health Fitness standards, developing "the knowledge and skills to be physically active, eat nutritiously, access reliable health information and services, communicate effectively, and set health-enhancing goals." To apply for the Health Fitness Program, contact email@example.com.
Please note: Although applications are accepted year-round, currently our SUMMER 2021 Courses are full. The next opportunity for new applicants to complete would be SUMMER 2022.
- PES 5051: Foundations and Methods of Teaching Health Fitness (3) self-paced online
- PES 5075: Alternative Sports and Games for Regular and Special Populations (3) 4-day online intensive, July 19th-22nd, 2021
- PES 5067: Teaching Health and Wellness (4) self-paced online, opening March 29th, 2021
- PES 5070: Strategies for Teaching Strength Training (3) Prerequisite: PES 5051 4-day online intensive, July 12th-15th, 2021
- PES 5065: Scientific Application (3) Prerequisite: PES 5051 4-day online intensive, July 5th-8th, 2021
- Testing: WEST-E Health/Fitness (029)
- Practicum: EDCN 5730: Field Experience Pedagogy Assessment on-site at candidate-selected placement (remote during COVID-19), offered Fall, Winter, and Spring
Candidates interested in completing PES 5051 as a prerequisite to the Summer 2021 intensive courses PES 5070 or PES 5065 must enroll in PES 5051 no later than May 28th, 2021, and submit coursework no later than June 28th, 2021 in order to allow adequate time for course completion and instructor evaluation.