The Center for Professional Education: Endorsements
SPU's endorsement program coursework is continually being aligned with the most recent state competencies. The program is designed to empower candidates, through research-based methods and pedagogical training, to demonstrate a positive impact on student learning.
The Center for Professional Education offers the following endorsement programs:
- ELL and Bilingual: Equips you with the knowledge and skills to appreciate and effectively teach diverse learners.
- Reading: Provides the opportunity for you to learn and apply current research on effective reading strategies.
- Special Education: Prepares you with the knowledge, skills, and strategies necessary to help exceptional students learn.
- Elementary Education: Prepares you to impact and inspire students in the K-8 classroom.
- Library Media: Guides and supports you as a school librarian as you gain skills to help your campus thrive.
Overview of Program Requirements:
- Apply to the SPU Endorsement program
- Complete the required program of study
- Pass the WEST-E/NES in new area
- Complete EDCN 5730: Field Experience
Scholarship Information: Explore PESB's Educator Retooling Conditional Scholarship Program information.
Most courses are offered through Canvas. One students have registered, they may access Canvas by following these instructions.
**PLEASE NOTE: As of May 2017, The Professional Educator State Board has significantly restructured the endorsement process. Instead of Pathway 1, 2 and 3, PESB now has two tracks: “Test Only” and “Program and Test” endorsements. Review the PESB posting about this shift. If you have concerns about the restructuring of the endorsement programs, we encourage you to contact PESB directly: PESB@k12.wa.gov or 360-725-6275.**