Library Media Endorsement
As the Washington Library Association’s framework states, school librarians work to improve information and technology literacy campus-wide, promote a culture of avid readers, and provide information and resource management services to students and staff.
SPU’s Library Media Endorsement Program is designed to guide and support school librarians as they help their campus thrive. Our program is offered in partnership with Highline College.
Classes offered through Highline College: Students must apply at Highline and receive a Highline College Student ID number before they can register for classes at Highline. All Highline courses are offered online. Upon completion of all Highline College courses, students will need to have an official transcript set to SPU.
- LIBR 130: School Libraries offered Winter Quarter
- LIBR 160: Computers in Libraries offered Spring Quarter
- LIBR 178: Tech Services/Cataloging for Small Libraries offered Autumn Quarter
- LIBR 190: Library Administration & Management offered Summer Quarter
- LIBR 195: Collection Development offered Summer Quarter
Class offered through Seattle Pacific University:
- EDLR 5043: Instructional Leadership as a School Library Media Specialist offered Autumn Quarter
- EDCN 5730: Field Experience Pedagogy Assessment capstone course, offered Autumn, Winter and Spring Quarter. Course enrollment requires successful completion of all other coursework and of the WEST-E 042.