Health Fitness Endorsement
The SPU Health Fitness Endorsement offers cutting-edge training to educators as they help their students meet Washington Health Fitness standards, developing the knowledge and skills to be physically active, eat nutritiously, access reliable health information and services, communicate effectively, and set health-enhancing goals. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- PES 5051: Foundations and Methods of Teaching Health Fitness (3) self-paced online
- PES 5075: Alternative Sports and Games for Regular and Special Populations (3)
- PES 5067: Teaching Health and Wellness (3) self-paced online
- PES 5070: Strategies for Teaching Strength Training (3) Prerequisite: PES 5051
- PES 5065: Scientific Application (3) Prerequisite: PES 5051
- Testing: WEST-E Health/Fitness (029)
- Practicum: EDCN 5730: Field Experience Pedagogy Assessment After students have been admitted to the program and completed their WEST-E test and the majority of their coursework, the may apply to join a EDCN 5730 cohort. Click course title for application.