Course DescriptionProper strength training enhances athletic performance as well as improving performance for students in physical education classes. Utilizing bands and tubing is another method in which to gain strength. Bands and tubing come in a variety of resistances which allows for training and adaptations for students and athletes of all levels. This course will provide training methods, exercises and principles of strength training with elastic resistance. The participant will develop, implement, analyze and evaluate strength training programs and methodology.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding for strength training utilizing bands/tubing
- Demonstrate knowledge of course concepts/principles through program design
- Create lessons/training programs to enhance strength
- Implement course concepts into current teaching/coaching position
- Analyze and evaluate training methods