Course DescriptionThis interactive training is designed for professionals who work directly with children and youth with challenging behaviors in an educational or therapeutic setting. We will explore the dynamics of conflict and develop skills in six specific approaches to responding to the most frequently observed patterns of problem behaviors. The course provides in-depth training and practice in implementing new skills. Participants who successfully complete the required expectations will receive certification.
- Foundational Helping Skills, Difference in Psychological Worlds, Conflict Cycle
- Conflict Cycle Continued; The Impact of Stress and Trauma, Overview of Life Space Crisis Intervention
- The Red Flag Intervention, Written Test, Reality Rub Intervention, New Tools Intervention
- Manipulating Body Boundaries Intervention, Symptom Estrangement Intervention and Massaging Numb Values Intervention
- Management Begins with Us, Practical Exam, Course Closure