Course DescriptionThis is a course for regular and special needs students teaching activities and strategies for grades K-12. The course will provide an introduction to the concepts, curriculum, theory and practice of adaptations, and also provide inclusive strategies and activities for diverse learners in physical education and physical activity.
By the end of the course participants will have gained:
- An understanding of universal design towards games and activities and how they align with our state standards.
- An understanding of Unified Physical Education and Sports
- An awareness of personal and societal attitudes, inclusive physical education and recreation, and terminology that affect people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of appropriate teaching instruction methods, adaptations and behavioral management for a variety of disabling conditions.
- Knowledge of community recreation programs and resources available
- A general understanding of the characteristics of disabling conditions, including programming techniques for successful leisure experiences.
- An awareness of available resources.