Course DescriptionAn interactive computer-based instruction course designed to expand your methodology for teaching Mathematics, this course will explore an instructional methodology that incorporates strategies for teaching concepts, constructively, and contextually. The goal is for you to gain a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts of various math topics and explore the principles of teaching those concepts to learners. The course will also explore teaching methodologies that support many federal and state standards. This course will focus on the topics of integers, fractions, factoring, and functions.
As a result of this course, participants will demonstrate their ability to:
- Expand conceptual understanding of integers, fractions, factoring, and functions
- Explore a conceptual methodology of teaching math
- Develop skill in designing constructive learning experiences
- Explore strategies that supports learning the skills outlined in mathematics federal legislation
- Investigate integrating concrete modeling to support conceptual teaching