It is important that ALL students connect with math in a way that allows them to achieve at high levels. Teachers need students to love math and be able to see its beauty. We will dive into brain research and look at equity issues in math. When teachers understand math in a new way they will inspire students to enjoy math class and be successful. This class prepares you to do just that. Grades K-12.
This course will enable participants to:
- Reflect upon their own teaching practices in mathematics.
- Apply Best Practices to their teaching and learning instruction.
- Take an in depth look at current research on teaching mathematics.
- Think critically about and evaluate strategies for supporting all students in the math classroom.
- Read and reflect on articles and supplemental material.
NotesParticipants will need Internet access to complete this course.
Testimonials“After taking this course, I feel better equipped to return to the classroom and be a teacher that will foster math growth and excitement in every student.” —TINT Student
“This class has helped me understand the components of a successful math classroom and why they work.” —TINT Student
“I am excited for my future classroom and to be able to implement so many of the strategies I learned in this course.” —TINT Student