Course DescriptionDo you feel like no matter how many hours you work, you never have enough time to get it all done? We can't change the level of demands put on teachers but can learn methods that help us work smarter, not longer. This course is designed to help educators increase teaching time through self-reflection, setting goals, learning techniques to reduce stress and busy work, and creating an environment of organization and efficiency. In this online class, you will work through the textbook "The Together Teacher" by Heyck-Merlin and complete assignments at your own pace. Grades K-12.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Organize the classroom and prioritize the day to determine what is really important.
- Decide on what is important to the daily routine and what should be dropped.
- Consolidate multiple calendars into one comprehensive tool.
- Design a plan of action to avoid triggers and stop distractions early.
- Assess assignments to make sure they do not all need to be graded.
- Locate all necessary forms in one Google Doc.
- Set aside personal time to keep each day balanced.
- Learn techniques to work with student's become better organized throughout the day.
- Create a classroom environment that meets the needs of individual students and the collective class.
This course is available for variable credits. Please check section information to ensure you are registering for the desired number of credits.