Prepares educators to initiate and facilitate meaningful, productive dialogues about race in the classroom. Reveals practical strategies to engage with students.Provides a critical framework for understanding the ways in which racism impacts our children and students, their families, educators and schools.
By the end of the course participants will know how:
- to recognize the difference between meaningful and inconsequential race conversations
- to build conversational “safe spaces,” not merely declare them
- to infuse race conversations with urgency and purpose
- to thrive in the face of unexpected challenges
- Administrators might equip teachers to thoughtfully engage in these conversations
A link to the Armchair Ed course assignments and exams will be included in the registration confirmation and receipt email that will be automatically sent to students immediately upon completion of the registration process. Any required textbooks must be purchased separately.
The link can also be accessed after enrollment by logging into the Student Portal and clicking the link listed under View Online Resources.