EDTE 5943 - Microsoft Innovative Educator Academy
In this course, educators will develop confidence in the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products. They will interact with each product and learn how to apply them in a classroom setting. The focus is on creating high quality student learning via communication, collaboration, and creativity. Accessibility tools and the Microsoft Educator Center resources will also be introduced and used. At the end of the course, participants will have earned their Microsoft Innovative Educator Certification. Specific Modules include: Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Microsoft Forms, OneNote Class Notebook, Microsoft Sway, Microsoft Educator Center, Accessibility in Office 365, and Flipgrid.
Each course session will be designed around a particular tool and learning activity. Students will participate in synchronous online sessions and then pursue their assigned tasks asynchronously before reporting back to the whole group. The basic outline of each day of the course will be:
- Receive direct instruction and modeling of a particular tool.
- Develop a learning activity centered on that tool for classmates to try.
- Attempt the learning activities provided by classmates.
Optional online office hours will be held on Thursdays for additional support.
Upon completion of this course students will know how to:
- Set up and use a Microsoft Team for staff collaboration or student interaction
- Create a Sway
- Use Flipgrid and other tools to increase accessibility and equity in the classroom.
- Use Forms for assessment and data gathering
- Use Immersive Reader across platforms and know the applications thereof.
- Use OneNote Class Notebook for content management
- Develop effective, purposeful plans for applying these tools in the classroom and community.