Course Description"Rebound is a gift to educators. The book is an amazing resource for all of us to rethink our classrooms and schools as we work to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. We have had many struggles in education during this pandemic; however, we have also learned new strategies that we need to capture and continue to implement as we move out of the pandemic. This book will help you do that."-Debra Kubin, UUSD Superintendent.
By the end of the course educators will:
- Understand the importance of the term “rebound” as it relates to COVID-19 and that they can learn from the pandemic and come back better than before
- Be able to reflect on their current teaching practices and consider incorporating new strategies that include opportunities for students, student-teacher collaboration and teacher-led approaches
- Understand the importance of having high expectations for all students which will include learning about equitable learning opportunities
- Understand learning leaps and assessment efforts
- Know about systems of support for the academic and social and emotional needs of students as they transition from remote learning to in-school learning